UK Sales Manager (Tobacco)
Here at Essentra an exciting new position for a UK Sales Manager (tobacco) has arisen, supporting the sales strategy of our tobacco packaging products (labels). We supply an innovative and unique range of labels to the tobacco industry that have a variety of applications.
This is a field based position, although there will be regular travel to our manufacturing site in Newport and our customers both in the UK and internationally. The UK Sales Manager (tobacco) will manage the accounts of our largest tobacco customers. You will also be working closely with internal departments such as Marketing, Ops and Product Development.
This is a newly created position to enable us to be fully focused on our tobacco customers, and the market. You will be reporting into the UK Sales Director, and working closely with internal departments such as Marketing, Ops and Product Development to ensure we are delivering to our customers high expectations.
You will be responsible for developing profitable sales growth, selling Essentra’s value within the tobacco market. This is achieved through proactively retaining and developing new business across the region whilst identifying opportunities to maximise revenue and profit. To succeed in this position, you will have previous experience of managing key B2B accounts and driving sales growth, along with the ability to coordinate activity with internal and external stakeholders. Previous experience of packaging or tobacco sales is desirable but not essential.
For this role, we offer a very competitive salary, bonus, company car (or car allowance) and additional benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Retaining and growing sales of our tobacco labels by establishing contact and developing relationships with key customers
- Identification of new opportunities to deliver revenue and profitability growth
- Effective customer relationships to generate sales growth
- Delivery of growth plan with existing customers
- Pitching relevant packaging products to market
- Price requests and commercial positioning
- Diligent management of sales pipeline through Salesforce.com
- Participation within the tobacco key account teams
- Effective price management to ensure revenues are maximised with customer portfolio
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Experience of managing and growing key accounts
- Understanding and implementation of customer specific plans
- Monthly reporting to meet defined criteria
- Track record of delivering new business
- High level of negotiation skills. Able to negotiate at various levels
- High level of communication skills both written and oral. Ability to communicate at all levels
At Essentra we are ideally looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, are passionate about what they do and who strive to make a difference. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes.
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.