Transport Coordinator & Planner
EAST MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
£20K - £24K (Depending on Experience) + 20 days holiday increasing to a maximum of 23 days + bank holidays + company pension scheme + Free onsite parking
Hours Of Work:
Shift Pattern - 5:00am to 2:00pm & 1:30pm to 10:00pm (30 minute break)
Our Client is an established sheet plant manufacturer of corrugated packaging and mailing packaging products. They provide their clients with a range of pallet boxes, wrappers, die cuts, boxes and lids, regular cases in all grades, as well as stock range products such as single flutes, double flutes, boxes and lids, pallet cases, tapes, corrugated rolls, bubble wrap, house moving packs etc.
They are currently looking to recruit a Transport Coordinator & Planner to join their team.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Ensure that the best use is made of resources, ie. people and vehicles.
- Plan the work schedules of vehicles and drivers ensuring that the business operates safely and compliance is met at all times.
- Organise return loads wherever possible.
- Ensure load weights are correctly calculated.
- Ensure that delivery times are to be met and inform the Sales Manager and Operations Manager of any impending failure.
- Ensure that drivers work flexible hours and that any overtime is worked on a fair share basis between the drivers and that overtime is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that vehicle servicing is carried out at the appropriate time.
- Emergencies, including accidents and breakdowns and paperwork relating to claims and repairs must dealt with immediately.
- Infringements of Road Traffic Laws are notified to the Dispatch Manager immediately.
- Ensure that driving licences of all personnel using Company vehicles are inspected 6 monthly, and that those of prospective employees inspected prior to any appointment.
- Ensure that drivers fully complete daily vehicle checks.
- Maintain records per vehicle of maintenance requirements and details of costs incurred.
You Will Need The Following Attributes:
- You will need to be dependable, trustworthy and have an eye for detail.
- You will need to have a good geographical knowledge of the UK and will also need to have experience of driver hour regulations and fleet maintenance.
- You must be able to work as part of a team, work on your own initiative and perform under pressure.
- Has ambition and wants to grow with the company which may lead to promotion for the right applicant.