Vision On Design, is a dynamic, entrepreneurial Design & Display Solutions Business, which provides its household name clients with a unique, end to end service. Products range from building wraps and illuminated signage, to retail displays and props.
We are seeking an experienced Estimator for this newly created role and you must have all round knowledge of one or all of the industries named above.
We will need you to:
- process accurate quotations, to deadline, using agreed rate cards and margins;
- offer value-engineered alternatives when reviewing quotation requests, considering all of the information available.
- assist with the flow and accuracy of the estimating function, providing experience, support and information, quality checking working methods and implementing change where necessary to improve the function as a whole.
- liaise with outsource suppliers to gain competitive pricing and also develop these relationships;
- drive efficiencies by closely monitoring job costing and margins.
A commercially aware and confident individual, you will have a solid background in a similar role within a fast-paced, quality focussed production environment. This will be clearly evidenced in your application. You will be used to producing estimates using a rate card system / MIS system, have good IT skills, particularly Excel. If you also understand impositions and how to plan to sheet sizes and maximise material yield that would be great.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and will be a great team player. You will need to be numerate, well organised and able to deliver to tight or changing deadlines. Due to the nature of the role, we expect applicants to possess GCSE Maths and English grade C or equivalent as a minimum.
You will be based at our head office and production facility at Ossett which is located just off junction 40 of the M1. Your normal work days will be Mon-Fri (37.5 hours, 9am-5pm) but flexibility will be needed. Salary: £25k - £30k (subject to experience).
If you feel that you are well matched to one of our roles then we’d love to hear from you. Please supply an up to date CV that clearly sets out the relevancy of your experience and press the apply