Field Based Account Manager - Labels
Our client is a leading manufacturer of high quality printed complex labels. They are currently looking to recruit a Field Based Account Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical understanding of flexo and digital printed labels although other printed packaging will be considered. A customer base in personal care, agrochemical or pharmaceuticals is also a major advantage.
There is a significant portfolio of blue chip accounts to manage which will consume around 50% of the role. The remaining 50% will be devoted to new business development covering areas from Hull to Liverpool.
This is a well invested company with substantial growth plans for the future and is a great time to join if you have ambitious career progression plans.
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Gathering market and customer information.
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special projects.
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
- Feeding future buying trends back to employers.
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Blue chip account management experience.
- Self-confident with ability to take the initiative when approaching potential clients.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a high level of drive and ambition. Sincerity, honesty and a high level of personal integrity.
- Competent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email) are essential.
This is a strategic role within the business and personality fit will be just as vital as product knowledge.