Project Manager (Transactional Print / Hybrid Mail Services)
About Capita | Capita Document & Information Services
We are Capita, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
CDIS - Capita document and information services, a division of Capita plc. offers a range of integrated services that can enable organisations to dramatically improve how a huge stream of information is input, handled, archived, and then output and communicated by the business. Focusing on the end to end process of managing documents including Outsourced Print, Hybrid mail, Scanning and Archiving and Managed Print. This role sits within the Managed Print division of CDIS.
Role Purpose - To manage the end to end completion of any CDIS presented projects. In this pivotal role you will be the key interface with Sales when on-boarding new projects and the main handover point to the BAU operations team, responsible for the effective transition of new services to existing and new Clients in a fast pace environment.
Service lines supported by the CDIS Project Management function are ‘Comms In’ (e.g. scanning / imaging, capture, records management, storage and retrieval and document workflow) and ‘Comms Out’ (multi channel transactional communications, data services and marketing services).
What you will do:
- Establishing project governance within the project and the creation of supporting documentation e.g. PID Light, Project Plan, RAID log etc
- Adherence to the defined processes between Professional Services, Sales, Development, Operations and Client Services and the use of agreed templates to deliver information in a timely manner
- Creating high level and detailed plans by questioning briefs and technical specifications to map key deliverables, milestones etc. Consulting with internal and external specialists, clients etc. Reporting against this plan and obtaining Client sign off for plans and other key project deliverables
- Active management of the delivery of documented solutions ensuring different contributions are coordinated and mapped to ensure the outcome e.g. CDIS Operations, CDIS Development and third parties- BT, IT, Software suppliers etc
- Budget management responsibility during the life of the project with use of escalation routes to highlight any commercial risk noted from within the project
- Project planning, risk and resource shortfall analysis across multiple departments
- Support/drive testing development, scripts, performance of testing to ensure delivery of working solutions
- Key stakeholder communication during the life of the project, with communication vehicles and tone of voice adapted depending on audience
- Operational readiness management to “go live”, working with CDIS Operations and the client with a balance of risk against revenue
- Responsible for risk management within the project lifecycle; capturing in risks RAID log and use of the formal escalation paths to ensure that risk is understood, the implications are known (project/Client and cost) and the potential outcomes identified and mitigated wherever possible
- Management of the change management process during the life of the project. Ensuring that commercial cover has been agreed for any changes to project scope or solution
- Sales cycle support in the form of document creation of pre-contract award project plans, specifications and roadmaps. The Project manager must be confident in presenting information in a simple way to achieve desiredn outcomes
- Identify new areas for improvement for delivery/ solutions in CDIS - lessons learnt
- Support on face to face client meetings as required including supporting: data gathering & writing documents for requirements, solutions, service agreements, training material and service levels
- Managing the customer to ensure CDIS delivers a working service to budget and agreed timescales. This includes management of customers who may not have the same level of project and planning skills, striking a workable balance and recognising when to escalate issues / slippage
- Other ad hoc work as required, the role must be flexible and there are no duties that a PM should not be willing to undertake to support the team
- Requires the ability to understand the commercial impact of requirements, risks and changes on the business model
Your experience will include:
- Project management experience, Prince 2 certified
- Use of recognised standard project Management tools and methodologies (Agile, PMO, V Model etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Proficient in MS Project, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organisation and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks
- Ability to write client facing documents, requirements, training and key stakeholder presentations Demonstrable track record of delivering results on projects – within timeline and budget
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experienced managing projects working within the Print industry, specifically transactional/bulk printing and also records management, Mail and distribution (on site/off site/Hybrid) and workflow and automation solutions would be advantageous
- The candidate will ideally have a general understanding of IT including databases, SQL, tables etc.
- ITIL (Foundation), Lean Six Sigma (Yellow Belt) accreditations or use of adopting methodologies within the workplace
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver