Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
3 days left
- Contract Type
Our DS Smith site in Devizes is seeking a new Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical bias) to support the Engineering function in a fast-paced, world-class manufacturing environment. You will part of the engineering team responsible for developing and implementing best practices and increasing plant and asset reliability at our Packaging site.
What being a Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical bias) at DS Smith will involve…
• Using your mechanical skills to resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production
• Completing PPM routines when scheduled to do so
• Using SAP for all planned and breakdown maintenance activity logging and stores control
• Enhancing the engineering contribution to the manufacturing facility by improving machine reliability in such a way as to deliver good quality product at optimum running speeds
• Continually modifying PPM routines via SAP to deliver continued improvements in machine uptime, reliability and efficiency
• Influencing in the development of a culture in which departmental employees take ownership of the responsibility for machine performance. In this new environment engineering employees will work more closely with process teams
• Being proactive in your approach to 5s and housekeeping in all aspects of your role
• Taking an active part in boiler house management
What we would like our candidate to have:
• An apprentice trained engineer with a recognised engineering qualification
• Background in general production machine maintenance
• Good range of workshop fitting skills
• Good numeracy and literacy standards
• General Computer Literacy Standards including Microsoft Office
• Experience in an engineering environment
• Experienced at fault finding on machines
• Ability to write clear effective reports and procedures
• Familiar with PLC driven machinery
• Ideally familiar with fully automated process equipment
Shift Pattern: 2 x 12hr days (6am-6pm) followed by 2 x 12hr night shifts (6pm-6am). Once every 8wks you are only required to work 3 shifts. There are no Saturday night shifts. If the shift falls on a Saturday night you are required to work the day instead.
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of sustainable packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £3.6 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Devizes, Wiltshire
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.