My client is a leading provider of closure systems to the FMCG market who have recently been acquired by a large international packaging group who specialise and innovate in the plastics industry. The site is based in Central Scotland and has being going through change, growth and investment which has lead to the requirement for a Print Manager to join the newly established leadership team. The role will be focused on meeting the business plan and effectively managing the department’s resources to ensure maximum efficiencies are achieved and to lead activity to improve print associated processes, whilst ensuring quality and standard operating procedures are adhered to.
This role is rarely available in the market place and offers an opportunity for the right individual to really make an impact in the department and be part of the team driving change across the overall site. This is an autonomous role for the person to drive positive change through developing people, improving processes and latterly investing in new technologies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide strong and visible leadership to the print department, inspire and motivate the team to consistently deliver results whilst challenging existing norms and promoting a continuous improvement culture.
- Direct and deliver optimum operational efficiency through the most advantageous mix of equipment, people and space.
- Control both the workflow and workforce through effective communication, coordination and delegation, ensuring all external legislative requirements, internal company rules and procedures with regards to health and safety, environmental and hygiene issues are met.
- Drive, implement and devise new initiatives to constantly exceed the targets required by the business plan through continuous improvement planning, whilst keeping within agreed budgets.
- Ensure the department meets or exceeds its production, whilst achieving the highest standards of Quality control and the maintenance of equipment,
- Engage team and manage employee performance and skills through regular reviews ensuring each employee has a personal development plan whilst ensuring compliance with disciplinary and grievance procedures.
The client is looking for someone who is passionate about driving change through people development and ideally would like you to come from a print background or be fluent in your knowledge of printing processes and techniques. You should be innovative in looking at new technologies to help drive the area forward and be comfortable with modern manufacturing improvement techniques. Driving change is predominantly about people so you must be a people person who can communicate at all levels of the business and be able to demonstrate your experience in selling change and new ways of working in previous roles.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to create a positive culture and a winning mentality in a business that is keen to invest and grow. The company can offer an exciting opportunity as well as further career development.
All applications are being managed by Karen Stewart at Nine Twenty, please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this position to email@example.com