3D Visualiser / CAD Designer
We have an exciting opportunity for a 3D Visualiser/CAD Designer to support a busy CAD team to perform routine visualisation, CAD design work and/or drafting as well as assisting in the preparation of design. The role provides assistance to the CAD team as required on basic phases of a project. We are looking for someone with creative flair, an eye for detail, who demonstrates an eagerness and willingness to learn.
Updating, maintaining and improving the product library
- Measuring products accurately and creating a corresponding locator & then creating a 3D model to scale in Cinema 4D.
Creating planograms and load ups for designers to work from
- Using the locators created from the products - create drawings showing the quantity of product that can be placed onto a unit. Checking against what was specified by the client.
Designing POS units
- Learning the tolerances and requirements for designing in cardboard.
- Creation of units to store/client specifications using a wide variety of fluted/solid board.
- Prototyping first offs and amending the designs as needed.
- Creation of colour mocks once first offs have been approved by the client.
Using ArtiosCAD to create specification sheets for production
- Using drawing standards to create 2D drawings & EST sheets for quotation
- Creation of artwork cutters so the client can artwork the unit.
Creating visuals using Cinema4D
- Creation of greyscales to aid the client in signing off the load up/product order of the unit.
- Creation of SOPs (Sign off packs)
- Taking approved cutters and creating a 100% accurate full colour model of what was actually produced and with accurate artwork added.
- Creation of concept ideas & trying to sell added value into client briefs.
Required skills and work experience
- Basic knowledge/experience of technical design
- Basic knowledge of ArtiosCAD and/or Cinema 4D (desirable)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Organised with the ability to prioritise own work load
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work without supervision but also as part of a team
- Uses initiative and good problems solving skills
- knowledge of Outlook (email system)
- Print manufacturing or POS knowledge would be an advantage
- GCSE’s in English & Math’s (grade C or above)
- Degree in Engineering (Product Design or Industrial Design)