Maintenance Engineer - Corrugated Packaging
SOUTH EAST (Please contact me for further location details)
Up To £32K + Overtime (Monday to Saturday - Paid at Time + ½ and Sunday - Paid at Double Time) + Pension Scheme
Double Day Shifts: Monday to Friday, 6:00am to 2:00pm & 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Our client is a leading corrugated manufacturer, supplying the full range of Corrugated Packaging, HQPP and Litholam in to a variety of markets including food, drink, automotive, industrial and pharmaceutical sectors.
They are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to support the site's operations by providing high quality and on time services for the production department that requires engineering specific knowledge and skills.
- Maintaining machinery.
- Demonstrating flexibility in maintaining a variety of machinery proficiently.
- Minimise downtime by forward planning to ensure all materials are available well in advance.
- Work with the Team Leaders on process/continuous improvement projects.
- Implement and complete projects as and when required including refurbishment of spare parts etc.
- Use and regularly update the departmental reporting systems including reporting on faults as well as preventative maintenance works.
- Adhere to priorities set by Production Manager.
- Utilise the repair materials in a cost effective manner.
- Keep your work areas clean and tidy.
- Reporting to the Production Shift Supervisor.
Health & Safety:
- It is vital that all colleagues recognise and acknowledge they have responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Health and safety is an integral part of the company's activities and all colleagues are expected to play their part in creating a safe working environment.
- You are required to report any accident, hazard or near miss or faulty equipment to the Production Manager.
- You are required to comply with management in all health and safety matters.
- To ensure all health & safety remains a high priority among the shift.
- Ensure guarding and other safety devices are fit for purpose and in good working order.
- Reporting any unsafe conditions or breaches of regulations to the Shift Supervisor.
- Involvement in the review process of all associated SSOW and completion of any Risk Assessments.
- Method Statements and Dynamic point of work risk assessments to be carried out.
- Monitor and intervene with contractors and visitors to ensure compliance with Contractor controls (6 Step)
- Support the management team to bring a step change in the perception and understanding of Health & Safety issues in their designated areas.
Hygiene, Housekeeping & Environment:
- Ensure you are not contravening compliance standards for BRC (Basic Hygiene) operating procedures, maintaining Good Hygiene and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Monitor and intervene (where necessary) contractors and visitors to ensure compliance with hygiene controls and awareness.
- Ensure Housekeeping standards are complied with, in particular 'clean as you go' policy Control waste segregation.
- Be proactive by example to your colleagues with BRC (Basic Hygiene) and waste segregation.
- Instigate and lead spillage and clean up control (minor and major)
- Promote reduction of energy wastage on machines by repairing air leaks, Supporting the Team Leaders to shut off radios/conveyors/fans on close downs.