Purchasing Assistant - Surrey - £30k
The client is an award-winning creative design and marketing-leading print procurement agency They are growing and are looking for an experienced Purchasing Assistant who can work with their suppliers who supply, materials, and services to make sure the operational needs are met.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the management of suppliers considering price, quality, and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply at competitive prices.
Purchasing Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Procurement manager in the completion of tender opportunities identified by the sales team
- Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are adhered to
- Continually review best practice purchasing policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings
- Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are maintained updated when required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure optimal performance when required work collaboratively,
- Utilize appropriate resources including Supplier Development to ensure appropriate supplier partnerships and delivery of sourced products.
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes to bring improvements
- Assist the procurement manager in producing management reports monitoring and recording key performance data and cost savings
- Monitor suppliers’ performance, ensure service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met, and drive improvement
- Work with key suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality, and compliance.
- Keep abreast of new legislation, government policy, best practice, and relevant external factors relevant to procurement and contracting activity
- To undertake any other duties as requested in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Proven experience in a purchasing environment a Purchasing Assistant or equivalent
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and technical understanding of print and mailing processes and components and supply chain management
- Computer literate, especially analytical Excel skills
The client would like to meet with people who demonstrate enthusiasm, who enjoys a challenge, strives to overcome barriers, and enjoys building and maintaining relationships.
Please send in your CV if you are looking for an opportunity like this!