Operations Manager, Packaging Solutions – East Midlands
Globally renowned card & corrugate Packaging Solutions design & manufacturer at the forefront of the Retail, Food & Beverage industry, seek to appoint an experienced Operations Manager to drive Production efficiency within their flagship East Midlands site.
With responsibility for full management of the operational activities of Manufacturing and Maintenance, you will lead and manage the expansive manufacturing teams & employees in achieving the productivity, safety, quality, service, financial and process consistency goals and objectives.
Through effective management of manufacturing and support services, you will balance the challenges of meeting customer needs with optimizing operational effectiveness and the role will have responsibility for all site operational activities. You will lead both internal and external projects, driving lean and process improvement initiatives and acting as the main point of contact for day to day production output optimisation.
You must possess highly effective organisational & interpersonal skills, aligned with strong leadership, co-ordination and resource management and a proven aptitude for driving continual improvements in machine productivity and efficiency, waste reduction, product quality and customer service levels.
- Manufacturing Operations leadership experience with an ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem solving skills with proven ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Demonstrable knowledge and leadership of operations, service, quality, environmental and safety systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to motivate people as a proactive leader and team player with a drive to succeed
- Proven experience of driving continuous improvement projects through a working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma techniques such as SMED, 5S, Kaizen and TPM
- Able to work in a fast pace environment – FMCG preferred
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen with proven leadership in a process-driven production environment.
- Experience of effective working with employee representatives and Unions
With a proven record of effectiveness within a highly pressurised Packaging or large scale Print manufacturing environment, you will work closely with the Plant Director as a key member of the Senior Management team, working at a strategic level to lead & drive continued significant change and growth at their flagship East Midlands site.
This is a key role within an evolving & fantastic Global Business that is highly regarded by it’s peers, so demands an individual with clear ambition, an impressive array of experience and a robustness of personality & character that can consistently drive effective change & impact within the remit.