DS Smith has an exciting opportunity available for a Manufacturing Manager at their site in Ely. This vital role will involve leading and developing the manufacturing team to achieve all KPIs. It is vital to drive a culture of performance and accountability. You will be responsible for the reprographics, production and engineering team in Ely ensuring operational excellence in everything you do. The role will work closely with manufacturing colleagues across the wider DS Smith POS business, and UK Packaging. If you are ambitious leader looking for your next challenge we would love to hear from you!
You will also be responsible for:
The key elements of the role include working and setting production KPI’s, working to high quality company standards, assessing H&S measures and employee development and training. Some of the key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
- Constantly reduce safety hazards, and ensure a positive safety behaviour culture in all areas of manufacturing
- Accelerate the pace of change and drive a culture of performance and continual improvement on site
- Create an empowered culture where employees are motivated to develop to their maximum potential
- Ensure the profitable and effective operation of the manufacturing and engineering functions ensuring business targets are met
- Continually improve customer service
- Set stretching KPI targets for self and wider manufacturing team
- Manage the people in the department effectively, adhering at all times to DS Smith standard HR policies
- Ensure continuous improvement in the operating efficiencies
- Ensure operating and quality procedure are adhered to
- Prepare and agree budgets with the general manager for capital expenditure, manning levels and production volume
- Identification of capital requirements and the implementation of projects on time and within budget
What we would like our candidate to have…
- Proven operations/manufacturing leadership track record which has been gained in an advanced team based, continuous improvement manufacturing culture
- Process driven, able to assess and improve
- Commitment to team working principles and the necessary strengths, character, communication and interpersonal skills to take the business to record levels of productivity, quality and customer service performance
- Comfort with communicating to a wide and diverse audience and able to identify and develop talent
- Ideally have qualifications within Safety and Quality management
- Computer literate to an advanced level
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: circa £45k