Account Director - Herts/North London- Exceptional salary package
The client is looking for a well equipped and experienced Account Director working with a diverse creative client mix
We are seeking a true leader with a strong and inquisitive mind, someone who will test the status quo in terms of creative thinking
You will own the client relationship, managing the account to ensure ultimate satisfaction, taking responsibility for the financials of the Account, you will drive growth and profitability through effective cost management and maximising sales potential. You will oversee management of projects to ensure both client needs and agency standards are achieved; that work is in line with strategy, ensure that all operational aspects run smoothly, that work is completed on time and to budget; and that financial targets are hit or exceeded, in support of the company’s objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Senior client point of contact this includes day-to-day management of client requests, contract negotiation and reporting of regular status meetings and ensuring all actions are carried out.
- Plan and direct the implementation and delivery of projects.
- Troubleshoot problems, identify and implement solutions, identify and implement solutions.
- Actively drive client activity and suggest strategic and tactical solutions to their marketing objectives.
- Drive the business forward by identifying proactive initiatives which add value and exceed client expectations.
- Maintain account profitability by ensuring appropriate levels of remuneration vs allocated resource.
- Responsibility for financial control procedures including accurate income forecasting on a regular basis.
- Maintain control over the budgets agreed at the start of each publication, ensuring that we are within budget at all times.
- Involvement in the creation of new business plans across the portfolio, where feasible.
- Manage P&L of the account
- Liaise regularly with the creative teams; for day to day production, regarding new projects, objectives, to pro-actively identify and combat any problems.
- Stimulate creative activity within the teams through brainstorming and effective management of meetings with teams.
- Plan and develop propositions to support client business strategy.
- Ownership of clients’ objectives to drive a successful strategy.
- Become an expert in the client business through research and networking through industry trends, seeking out new opportunities to grow the account.
- Regular health checks should be conducted, benchmarking client against competitors and any relevant research available.
Leading and organisation
- Develop staff by providing them with strong, proactive motivational leadership, ongoing training, vision and clear objectives.
- Facilitate good relationships between departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all quality controls and procedures are in place at all times and that an audit trail is available for all team members to access in response to any client query.
- Setting a good example in terms of productivity and attention to detail - i.e. contact reports, timing plans etc.
- 5 years’ proven experience within a Client Account facing agency role.
- Expertise in marketing and sales; knowledge of marketing strategy and tactics.
- Proven ability to manage teams within a creative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to challenge thinking at all levels, including Board, Client and team with diplomacy and insight.
- Strong sales and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to negotiate and develop relationships at all levels.
- Excellent Management and team playing skills, with the ability to work alone and use own initiative.
- Calm under pressure with the ability to work to multiple deadlines.
- Attention to detail and procedure, getting things right the first time.
Great opportunity, if you have the matching skills set, so please apply now.