Our client, a major retailer with Headquarters in the Worcestershire area, is looking for a commercially aware professional with an ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and demonstrate product, supplier and category management, to purchase print & print related services whilst also managing and overseeing print projects.
- Develop a strong and positive working relationship with category suppliers.
- Identify and select new suppliers, using best practise
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value within quality & time SLAs
- Ensure the Vendor Management System is kept up to date
- Manage the supply chain, including the forecasting of goods into the business by working closely with the stock control team, to maintain both stock levels and stock availability.
- Produce clear and timely purchase specifications & instructions to suppliers & internal departments
- Manage data by sorting, filtering and basic calculation/statistical functions
- Ensure each order placed is delivered; On time, in budget, to the required quality/specification
- Ensure supplier appraisals are performed & uploaded to the Vendor Manager, managing supplier performance
- Manage and remedy supplier issues including quality, late deliveries
To apply for this opening you must have 2 years’ experience within a similar role, with experience of Print purchasing or another job function where you have print buying as part of a wider role. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge and understanding of the MIS systems, tools and calculators. You will need a high level of problem solving skills, have a good range of IT skills, be forward thinking with the ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders. Stand out applicants will strike a balance between great commercial nuance and intelligent negotiation skills.
Apply for Print Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly