One of the UK's most established printing companies, which exceeds expectations in terms of its customer service and product quality, is looking for an Operations Manager to lead its highly skilled workforce and work with many of the most renowned organisations in the country.
We are looking for an innovative thinker with strong knowledge of manufacturing standards, confident in working in a diverse environment, with demonstrable leadership skills. You will be responsible for leading teams of up to 80 staff in a fast paced and busy production environment. You will be expected to provide clear direction to supervisors, team leaders and operatives and make important decisions in high pressure situations.
- Analyse crew and machine performance – improve month on month performance in terms of make ready times, run speeds and downtime
- Continual improvement – Look to gather low lying fruit in terms of wins on Make ready times, run speeds and downtime.
- Publish weekly performance figures – Discuss published performance with Managers and crews ensuring that all parties understand the importance and relevance of improvement
- Chair weekly production meeting –discussion of non-conformance, customer feedback, changes to interested parties and their concerns, changes to risk register and overall machine performance.
- Address performance issues with crew members – Engage with all crew members, discussing their performance
- Annual appraisals – Structure annual appraisals to formalise the wellbeing and career progression of all shop floor operatives
- Analyse machine performance and prioritise based on analytical data
- Produce weekly non-conformance reports
- Chair weekly quality meeting, reviewing all non-conformances & instigate corrective actions
- Rewrite ISO 9001 procedures to reflect corrective actions
- Maintain and revise the Companies integrated systems
- Review and map changing work methodology
- Rewrite and review manuals and procedures
- Supervise/Conduct internal & external audits
Health and Safety
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety and ensure that the plant is legally compliant, and standards are maintained at all times