Packaging Technologist – 6 Month FTC | FMCG Sector | UK/Northern Europe/Scandinavia
A market leading FMCG Manufacturer with an instantly recognisable brand, our client operates across multiple international sites and has grown significantly in recent years to become the category leader in their field. Due to an increased product portfolio they’re looking for additional support from a Packaging Technologist on a 6 month contract initially, with immediate start available.
Packaging Technologist – 6 Month FTC | FMCG Sector | UK/Northern Europe/Scandinavia | Excellent Salary
A manufacturing heavy weight in the beverage sector this company’s brands are sold in over 80 countries. Delivering high-quality products and compelling brand experiences they are a company whose focus is on continuously refreshing their products and enhancing consumer experiences through innovative product development.
With an ambitious growth strategy in place, this role has been designed to complement an established team working with some worldwide recognised brands in a fast paced environment and could lead to a permanent role for the right candidate, but would equally suit someone who prefers contract work.
This role will vary day to day depending on timescales and department demands but in brief, you will be responsible for:
- Building a global database for packaging from scratch
- Completion and implementation of a Packaging Specification and Document System
- Creation and implementation of final packaging specifications, manufacturing and compliance documentation to meet global standards
- Influencing and shaping all aspects of the documentation and the access and usage, via the company’s new Technical Documentation Management System portal
- Working on a 6 month contract basis initially – the role can allow for working remotely but will require regular international travel to and from the client’s head office
Key attributes required:
- Good general knowledge of a broad spectrum of packaging materials and their applications
- A full understanding of packaging specifications, technical drawings and supporting technical information
- Expertise in writing packaging specifications and relevant documentation
- Insight into packaging test methodologies and quality management procedures for packaging
- Knowledge of food contact material approval and European packaging legislation would be an advantage but is not mandatory
- Fluency in English is essential
Outperforming in a growing market, this is a unique role with a company consistently top ranked by the industry that can comfortably offer career opportunities above and beyond their competitors.
Submit your details in the first instance to be considered for the role.