Finance and Commercial Analyst
Our DS Smith site in Milton Keynes has an excellent opportunity for a pro-active Finance and Commercial Analyst to join them. The main purpose of the role is to provide financial and commercial analysis and financial support to the team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of two new and exciting e-commerce packaging businesses. If you are a looking to develop your career within a fast moving environment, where you have the opportunity to be involved with the business growth and profitability, then this could be the role for you!
What some of the key duties this role will involve:
• Working with the Finance and Commercial teams to develop robust reporting across the business
• Working with departments to monitor costs throughout the month
• Assisting in the development of the business system
• Running local system reports, collating output into a format that can be readily used for commercial analysis and insight
• Ensuring fair and transparent allocation of costs between the two ePack businesses
• Ensuring all financial policies and procedures are kept up to date and adhered to by all parts of the business
• Using business systems to monitor and maintain credit limits and customer accounts on/off stop
• Liaising with the SSC on customer and supplier related queries, issues and updates
• Ensuring stocktakes are performed regularly and valued accurately
• Supporting the month end process by working with the SSC to ensure transaction processing is accurate and complete
• Supporting regular forecast updates by liaising with all departments and assist in the annual budget preparation
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Preferably studying towards a relevant qualification (ACCA/AAT/CIMA/ACA) or equivalent experience
• Good reporting background and with the ability to communicate to all levels
• A high level of drive and enthusiasm to seek out improvements, a challenging and inquisitive attitude
• Strong numerical and organisational skills
• A level of commercial and business acumen
• Ability to interact effectively and communicate well at all levels
• Ability to work on own initiative, in fast moving, demanding environment, in order to achieve desired outcome
• Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word and ideally SAP
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £3.6 billion. The organisation employs over 22,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Milton Keynes
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.