Procurement Manager Capital & OEM
DS Smith is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager Capital & OEM to take responsibility in supporting the sourcing, supply and supplier relationship element of the capital process. The principle focus will be covering the strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract development, issue resolution, risk mitigation and creation of a competitive environment driving supplier performance, quality and service. All activities will be aligned to the requirements of the DS Smith Packaging Division and the delivery of key performance targets and benefits.
Additionally the role includes line manager responsibility for two direct reports with remit to cover systems and P2P efficiencies and a junior buyer (covering bespoke areas and high value non-capital spend).
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
• Support delivery of Regional Capital projects within budget and to agreed timings, quality and service
• Develop and leverage critical commercial relationships with key OEM suppliers and organizations that foster improvements in the area of cost, contract, quality and delivery
• Lead and support the development of OEM strategies working across Division to drive appropriate trading and contractual terms, service level agreements & product specification
• Develop appropriate internal relationships for the successful implementation of Regional Capital projects & OEM strategies
• Lead complex negotiations ensuring contracts properly address risk, project objectives and meet business demand at the lowest total acquisition cost
• Ownership of the P2P process; working with Finance and the SSC to ensure cash flow, payment schedules, PO's and invoices are effectively managed throughout the project to ensure alignment to budgets and financial controls
• Ensure that the company’s best interests are represented at all times following procurement best practice policies and procedures
• Research available sources on a global level and conduct supplier assessments. Leading to a full supplier selection process from RFP to contract completion - RFP/Contract & SLA/Negotiation strategy/Contract Execution
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Strong knowledge of capital procurement processes with experience of developing, implementing and maintaining innovative OEM strategies
• FMCG experience or knowledge
• Experience of managing and delivering procurement projects through multi-site network
• Previous experience of working in corporate procurement environment
• Experience of managing people to achieve successful outcomes on projects
• Continuous Improvement mind-set
• Good systems and IT Knowledge
• Management experience would be a desirable
About DS Smith: DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.