Production Planner - Print
Up to £27K (Depending on Experience) + 26 Days Holiday + Pension + Car Parking
Our client is a large paper-based packaging company offering cartons, labels, inserts / leaflets, rigid boxes and speciality packaging in a wide range of materials.
They are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner to be based from one of their Print sites. Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will work closely with the customer service and production teams. The position involves managing the planning function and Master Schedule to ensure that customer orders are managed and planned into production to achieve 100% customer satisfaction whilst maintaining optimum production efficiency.
- Coordinating all planning aspects to support the customers' short and long term requirements, whilst maximising internal production efficiencies
- Understanding and reporting on capacity planning issues and forward load requirements
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all key departments to confirm planning schedule and update key individuals with necessary changes
- Attendance at production meetings and any ad hoc meetings as required providing relevant information
- Ordering of Raw Material for production jobs and hitting month end targets for stock levels
- Detailed analysis of Aged Raw Material in the Warehouse with the aim of reducing the stock to required levels
- Developing a continuous improvement culture and manage specific improvement projects aimed at strengthening and maintaining our overall service to all customers
- Implementation of monthly, quarterly and yearly stock take of raw materials
- Working on other improvement projects with the wider operations team when required