This is an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Technologist with a passion for the luxury market sector to be responsible for the development and industrialisation of packaging in line with the business timings and requirements of this iconic brand.
The job will involve responsibility for the execution of all required development work and factory support. Additionally, you will be responsible for the compilation of all Component & Finished Good Specifications, providing a tool box of information to pass to production partners. Developing customer and supplier relationships, ensuring that projects and processes are compliant, whilst executed on time to meet business need will also be a key part of this role.
- Be a technical expert to business customers & partners. Have a working knowledge where possible, of plastic moulding, decorating technologies, paper/paperboard, printing, packing & assembly, mass, medium and low volume manufacturing, glass & metals manufacturing. Manage technical aspects of all bespoke MB components to meet the designated requirements of marketing and supply chain on time and in full. Create specifications for all new components primary to tertiary and establish standards
- Approve drawings & artworks; compile & issue component & finished good specifications. Ensure defined quality AQL’s and standards are agreed on new projects. Ensure that the defined testing & approval procedures are followed, and that any deviations are agreed with Senior Manager. Identify the need for, and manage the execution of, line Trials and support 1st production ensuring that all the factory requirements are satisfied
- Establish and maintain good relationships with suppliers and keep abreast of new packaging technologies that may provide new / superior benefits.
- Work with all component suppliers to develop and implement new packaging. Work with manufacturing 3rd party subcontractors to identify, set up new filling / manufacturing route and finalise specifications for scale up, samples and final production.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve existing packaging technologies to drive margin and/or performance.
- Ideally 3 to 5 years packaging experience in a premium personal care business. Experience of the luxury sector would be preferable but not compulsory
- Ideally educated to Degree/HNC/IOP packaging diploma level.
- Knowledge of the factors that support the wider business goals
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Clear & concise communicator, ability to communicate effectively across a cross-section of disciplines and staff level internally and externally
- Able to negotiate and influence others.
- Is logical, pragmatic & process driven.
- Able to demonstrate a clear analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of the technologies used by our suppliers in the manufacture of components.
- Demonstrates a competent level of knowledge of all printing processes used within the industry.
- Have experience in or have knowledge of machinery used in the filling of components
- A good understanding of technical drawings and basic tool manufacture across a number of industries.
- An awareness of relevant packaging legislation
- Fully competent on Microsoft office, all packages
Duration – Mid June to July 2019
Hours- Monday to Friday 9-5