Production Supervisor/ Trainee Production Manager - Packaging
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
£25- £40K (Depending on Experience) + 30 Days Holiday Including Bank Holidays + Pension + Profit Share after 12 Months Service
Hours of Work: Day Shift - Monday to Friday
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer based in the North West, the company is a fantastic business to work for, has an impeccable reputation and is genuinely a lovely place to work!
Our client is currently looking to recruit an energetic and dynamic Production Supervisor / Production Manager to plan, co-ordinate and control the manufacturing process. The successful candidate will ensure that products are produced efficiently; that it is of the right quality, quantity, and cost and the products are produced on time, to the satisfaction of the customer at the right price.
This role would suit a Machine Operator or Production Supervisor who is keen to progress their career into a Managerial role. My client is looking for someone who is motivated and enthusiastic who can help drive the department forward; full training in any areas needed will be provided
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for up to 15 staff.
- Oversee the production process, solving issues outside of scope of Team Leaders.
- Constantly challenge the norm and look at ways to improve the production process via people, procedures and machines.
- Ensure factory personnel are skilled, empowered and accountable.
- Instil basic manufacturing principles into factory - right product, right quality at lowest cost.
- Draft timescales for jobs and estimate costs.
- Build closer, more effective relationship between Production and Sales via robust Sales/Ops meeting including all relevant factory management.
- Ensure Production meetings take place on a weekly basis and actions are followed up by production staff.
- Ensure all in factory have an understanding of customer needs and demands, thus embedding a customer focussed environment.
- Ensure quality standards being adhered to at all times via revision of quality procedure and training of such procedure.
- Work with team leaders to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Work closely with H&S support to ensure a safe factory both culturally and procedurally.
- Ensure Lean initiatives are followed and embedded within culture.
- Inform engineering support of priority jobs needed to be done.
- Ensure Planned Preventative Maintenance carried out by an Engineer.
- Develop budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labour and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review the performance of Production Team, including communication of such via performance boards.
- Identify training needs of all production personnel.
- Ensure production staff are trained to a consistently high standard.
- Work closely with Trainers and facilitate training reviews as and when necessary.
- Facilitate revision and implementation of the company's Training Structure within production arena.
- Facilitate SOP (Safe Operating Procedures) documentation.
- Facilitate development of Team Leaders.
- Facilitate revision and implementation of production recruitment process.