Technical Manager - Self Adhesive Labels
Our client is a privately owned, award winning, self-adhesive label manufacturer.
The company have state of the art production facilities and are in a period of growth and expansion. The business is passionate about the innovate products it makes, focused on quality, and the level of service and technical support given to customers. They have an impressive customer base divided between brands and contract manufacturers in many industries all demanding the very best quality of packaging.
To provide complete support to the business for all technical aspects of our product. To ensure that customers' needs are met and they experience consistent, positive service levels from the company. To ensure that all R&D is coordinated, managed and documented through the business. To lead technical innovation and to enhance the business development offering to deliver technical training across the business with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To give complete support and technical sign off for new projects coming from our Sales and Account Management teams.
- To be the lead person to manage press passes, co-ordinating and liaising between production and the account management team.
- Responsible for technical training across the business.
- Support production & studio with continuous improvement plans and execution.
- To work within the remit of ISO9001 & PS9000 & BRC.
- Produce and present to the business new innovation on a regular basis.
Skills & Experience required:
- You must be an excellent man manager and team player.
- You must have experience in running highly technical projects with competence in collating data and report writing.
- Ideally you will have label production experience.
- You will be technically competent in the following printing and embellishment techniques & have good knowledge of filmic & paper self - adhesive materials.
- Rotary screen
- Digital printing
- Rotary & Flatbed Hot foil
- Embellishment techniques
- Cold foil
- Tactile & niche varnishes
- You must be a problem solver
- Must possess excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
This exciting role offers a competitive salary & benefits working alongside a dedicated team. Our Client is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company that will provide excellent career development opportunities to the right candidate.