Design Manager - Corrugated Packaging
EAST MIDLANDS / EAST ANGLIA (Please contact me for further details)
£30K - £40K (Depending on Experience)
Hours of Work: Although the stated hours are 37 ½ per week as a senior member of the business there will be an element of "doing the hours to complete the role"
My client is a leading UK manufacturer of bespoke corrugated packaging. Operating in a highly competitive market dominated by national and international companies they point of differentiation is quality of service. They aim to be both innovative and creative in the solutions provided whilst offering the most appropriate and effective solutions designed to meet customers' objectives.
They are currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to join their management team. You will be responsible for providing leadership over the design process and for managing processes, productivity and resources effectively in order to maximise business efficiency and drive overall business performance within the design department.
A large part of the role will be designing but in addition you will manage the team and the "paperwork" that supports the department. This includes potentially ordering origination direct from suppliers (formes and stereos).
There will be a higher level of interaction with the sales team and the Sales Director and more interaction with the manufacturing team to ensure designs are "production friendly".
Previous experience in corrugated packaging / POS is required.
Managing and distributing the design requirements for the business, this will include a significant element of design themselves. Consequently, an understanding of the requirements for the design team is essential, these include:
- A thorough understanding of Artios or Kasemake CAD
- Produce pallet plans using Cape Pack Software
- Interpret design briefs to develop and produce innovative packaging designs for manufacture
- Ensure production ready files are processed to the required quality standard and procedure
- Produce high quality prototypes for customer approval on the AG/CAD Kasemake cutting table
- To raise/create Specifications on SPOCS system
- To perform board Analysis producing accurate results
- Calculate box compression to determine board grade required
- Support and Communicate effectively with customers/sales team/production and suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers to originate new stereos and cutters