We are looking for someone at the top of their game with strong experience at a Senior Management Level and natural commercial acumen to fill a key role within a highly successful printing company. The ideal candidate will be process orientated, ambitious, influential and ready for a large and often demanding role. We seek a strategic thinker with the ability to drive forward the business and streamline efficiencies across the board where appropriate.
As Manufacturing Director, you will lead and mentor a multifunctional team to deliver world class manufacturing processes with overall responsibility for Production, Engineering, maintenance, continuous improvement, technical/quality and H&S.
You will enjoy complete strategic responsibility for the design and delivery of our client’s manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, ensuring that products conform to established customer and company quality standards. We are looking for someone who can formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
Directing and overseeing the organisation’s manufacturing processes as whole, your role will include:
- Managing equipment purchasing, maintenance and layout
- Monitoring and evaluating workflow and assembly methods, making recommendations for process improvements where necessary
- Overseeing staffing, scheduling and training for production
- Ensuring manufacturing performance and quality goals are met
- Preparing production, staff and financial reports
- Creating functional strategies and specific objectives for each sub-function
- Developing budgets/policies/procedures to support functional infrastructure
- Performance Management.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Business Acumen.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Presentation Skills.
You will be currently be in a similar ‘heavy weight’ role in a substantial print (or packaging) operation where you have made you mark in the manufacturing process and are ready to take on the next challenge.