Estimator & Tender Co-ordinator – Clay Cross
Our DS Smith site in Clay Cross is searching for an Estimator & Tender Co-ordinator to work within the Commercial department to support the commercial functions of the business.
What an Estimator & Tender Co-ordinator will be doing at DS Smith:
The primary responsibility is to support the commercial functions of the business including involvement in estimating, co –ordination of customer tenders, post-production commercial analysis and margin enhancement initiatives. You will be required to take relevant training and be aware of what training requirements you may have. You will ensure that housekeeping is at the highest possible standards and be aware of the company’s health and safety policies.
- Use and understand the business system to calculate product costs and set selling prices in line with company profitability targets whilst also identifying opportunities to improve profit margin.
- Issue quotations to customers in line with KPI targets. Where these targets cannot be met you will be required to ensure that any problems are highlighted to the Commercial Manager and communicate any expected delays to the appropriate external Sales Manager.
- Track prices issued and new business acquired.
- Work with the Sales Department to give commercial support by providing analysis of customer sales and profitability on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Assist the Commercial Team in identifying opportunities to reduce costs or increase sales value of existing business. As part of the Group Commercial Excellence initiative this is a key aspect of the commercial function.
- Ensure tenders are completed accurately and within required time frames & that progress is tracked and reported
- To maintain and develop our core business system as required and to ensure housekeeping of this system is carried out on a regular basis.
- Provide Holiday/Sickness cover for other members of the Department
- Undertake any other similar duties as requested by the Commercial Manager.
What we would like our candidate to have:
- Able to work as part of a team
- Must be organised, and able to clearly demonstrate this
- Experience within the corrugated industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- Multi Machine Route Process experience
- Commercial exposure
- CDM experience is beneficial or experience with other costing systems.
- Must be tenacious
- Will need to be deadline orientated – this is a very strict process.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Must be comfortable and confident in challenging people.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Confident leader
Location: Clay Cross
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme