MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
£22K - £25K
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 5:30pm
Our client is a packaging manufacturer based in the Midlands, they are currently looking to recruit a Transport Planner to join their team. Our client will consider a Junior Candidate who is IT Literate who they can train up.
- Daily planning of loads for the transport fleet comprising:
- 1 x Artic
- 2 x Rigid 18T / 26T
- 3 x 7T
- 2 x Sprinter vans
- Daily process to include:
- Confirming point of delivery
- Booking in with delivery point for the agreed delivery time
- Checking load weights to ensure adherence to Vehicle capacities
- Regular communication required with Production to ensure transport plan aligns with the current production position.
- Any production delays will need to be incorporated into the transport plan.
- The organisation of transport covers the company plus ad-hoc requirements from other Group companies.
- Regular communication required with Logistics supervisor to ensure communication of loads with drivers and adherence to drivers hours regulations.
- Sourcing of external transport as and when required. Focus required to minimise cost of external transport.
Required Knowledge - Applicants Should Have:
- Some experience of the scheduling of transport in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of regulations surrounding drivers hours and the Working Time Directive
- Knowledge of VOSA obligations
- Some experience of commercial vehicle maintenance and repairs