The DS Smith site in Portsmouth is looking for a Transport Supervisor to assist the Transport Team Leader in directing and controlling all Depot transportation activities. This role will assist the depot in ensuring the Company’s strategy, objectives and policies are effectively communicated, paying particular attention to all matters related to Health and Safety.
• Do you have excellent management and planning skills?
• Are you passionate about transport compliance?
• Do you have proven experience of working in a pressured transportation environment?
If the answer to these questions is YES then you could be the right candidate for us!
What being a Transport Supervisor at DS Smith will involve…
Reporting to the Transport Team Leader; you will be supervising and overseeing the work of our drivers throughout the Depot. You will be responsible for Health & Safety, Planning and day to day transport duties. Other key tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
• Assist in producing Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments for depot activities and make sure these are adhered to and depot staffs are suitably trained
• Assist in ensuring costs are controlled in line with business plans
• Ensure you give support to administrators when recording employee attendance and absence
• Able to support administration staff including weighbridge operation
• Assist with keeping ERP system housekeeping up to date with customer and fleet activity
• Ensure appropriate training is planned and provided for employees
• Communicate key performance indicators and then monitor and challenge shortfalls
• Promote and assist in implementation of all company initiatives including Continuous Excellence
• Assist with control of the service and maintenance schedule of all road fleet so they remain legally compliant and roadworthy at all times
• Monitor and control stocks of consumables to ensure transport operations are not disrupted
• Work closely and effectively communicate with the Production Operation
• Manage quality standards of incoming and outgoing material, taking appropriate action where necessary
• Ensure compliance with Duty of Care legislation and have a comprehensive working knowledge of waste carriers licence & waste transfer notes
• Train and assess drivers to meet company standards
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Experience of leading and motivating teams and individuals
• Experience in a supervisory position
• Strong understanding of Transport Compliance
• Understanding of operational logistics and strong planning skills
• Experience of scheduling a large number of vehicles within a busy environment
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and understanding of the importance of H&S in the workplace
• Full valid UK Driving Licence
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Transport Supervisory experience within a Recycling environment
• ERP system experience
• Full Certificate of Professional Compliance (CPC)
• LGV licence
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.