Head of Production
An exciting position has become available in one of the fastest growing Print organisations. Solopress was established in 1999 after realising there was a gap in the UK market for a printer that offered fast turnaround times and a cost-effective, full colour service. Having recently become a part of a European organisation, this has resulted in a total of over 900 staff members all together.
Solopress employs over 270 handpicked individuals in the UK who work together to help more than 180,000 customers it currently supplies.
With over 90 different products on offer, Solopress is growing year-on-year, having currently won seven prestigious awards, including ‘Business of the Year’ and ‘Business to Business of the year’.
A fantastic career opportunity for a Head of Production to join a dynamic a fast-growing Print company. Reporting to the COO and working in line with the Head of Operations, the ideal candidate must have an excellent “hands on” knowledge of print production processes and excellent control and management skills.
- Overall responsibility for the production flow through a team of department managers Management of all print ( Litho, Digital , Large Format) and all finishing processes over all shifts and three local sites
- Ensure that all direct reports are aware of performance and service requirements and understand what must be done to achieve them.
- Organise, control and monitor the flow of production ensuring quality is maintained
- Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring all staffing and shifts fully utilze the staff and equipment for maximum efficiency
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place in all departments and production targets are met
- Ensuring all departmental budgets are met
- Reviewing all the output of all departments and work continuously to improve processes
- Keeping up to date with latest trends, technology, equiptment etc.
- Create and manage print production schedules
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to a high operational standard at all times
- Ensure all work and production methods are completed to a high quality standard
- Keeping complaints down to a minimum
- Oversee the shipment procedure
- Oversee the ordering of all tools and equipment
- To liaise with technicians and support teams if issues arise with the production equipment
- Identify training needs and provide training if necessary
- Planning and controlling change
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process
- Monitoring the performance of all department managers (conduct performance reviews/appraisals etc.)
- Managing staff absence/holidays and ensuring breaks are taken at times suited to the business
- Ensuring all Company policies are adhered to
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and offer possible solutions
- Any other duties deemed within your capability
- Minimum of 5 years management level experience
- Solid industry experience of print specifically Digital and Large Format and all finishing processes
- Analytical approach to reviewing working practices, equipment etc.
- Strong leadership/people management skills
- Team building
- Strong knowledge of organistational effectiveness and operations management
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation (both verbally and written)
- Be able to be both proactive and and able to react speedily when needed
- Perform well under pressure
- The ability to manage change
- Be able to work with teams/other departments
- Be innovative
- Have good judgement and decision making skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities