Night Production Manager
An exciting position has become available in one of the fastest growing Print organisations. Solopress was established in 1999 after realising there was a gap in the UK market for a printer that offered fast turnaround times and a cost-effective, full colour service. Having recently become a part of a European organisation, this has resulted in a total of over 900 staff members all together.
Solopress employs over 270 individuals in the UK who work together to help more than 180,000 customers it currently supplies.
With over 90 different products on offer, Solopress is growing year-on-year, having currently won seven prestigious awards, including ‘Business of the Year’ and ‘Business to Business of the year’.
A fantastic career opportunity for an Experienced Night Production Manager to join a dynamic a fast-growing Print company. Reporting to the Head of production, the ideal candidate must have an excellent “hands on” knowledge of print production processes and excellent management skills.
- To organise, control and monitor the flow of all printing ensuring all work is carried out to the correct specification and within deadlines
- Create and manage print production schedules
- Overseeing a team of Litho, Xerox and Large Format Operators
- Planning shifts and staffing to ensure we fully utilize the staff and equipment
- Recommend efficient, timesaving project production flows
- Maintain the equipment to a high operational standard
- Ensure all work is completed to a high-quality standard
- Oversee the shipment procedure at the relevant times of the day
- Oversee the ordering of inks, materials tools and equipment
- To liaise with technicians and support teams if issues arise with the production equipment
- Identify training needs and provide training as and when necessary
- Organise, control and monitor the flow of projects ensuring quality is maintained
- Support the Head of Production with other projects as and when required
- Managing staff holidays/absence
- Managing staff performance
- A passion for the craft of printing
- “Hands on” and management knowledge of print production processes
Industry experience of print specifically Digital and Large Format - ideally having used Xerox machinery.
- Confident communicator
- Strong technical knowledge would be an advantage
- The ability to work under pressure and to motivate the workforce
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to anticipate problems and to solve them
- Ability to manage multiple priorities