Production Manager - POS / Large Format
£Open depending on experience + Death in Service + Healthcare + Pension + other benefits TBC
Our client is one of the UK's leading supplier and manufacturer of point of sale materials and they are currently seeking an experienced Production Manager to join its team.
- To manage, motivate and develop a team of Production Operatives (approx. 15) to deliver target customer service at optimal cost.
- To ensure that Health & Safety, Environment and Quality policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Lead a structured program of continuous improvement activity working with the local management team.
- To support the development and implementation of a department strategy which encompasses manufacturing methods, engineering, organisation and people development plans, as well as the associated improvement and investment activities.
- Develop a management style that involves setting stretch goals involving all people within the site in finding solutions to achieve them.
- Responsible for management and decision making in delivering the requirements of the site to best cost efficiency and effectiveness in use of product
Nature and Scope of Role
- Responsible for the running of the production department and providing strong and experienced leadership within the manufacturing structure of the site.
- Lead the production operatives to deliver their areas of responsibility.
- To provide strategic and tactical improvement strategies to support operational excellence and improved efficiencies.
- To be involved in recommendations on site manufacturing strategy in line with company goals and objectives
- Ensure management of the team members is in line with all policies and procedures.
- Work with all other departments including: Sales, Estimating, Procurement, Warehouse, Goods in and Finance to ensure full involvement and understanding of the production activities and issues to be resolved
*Full job description available on request.