Multi-Skilled Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
Multi-Skilled Engineer (Mechanical Bias) –Devizes - Permanent
ATTENTION ENGINEERS – ARE YOU…
Looking to take control of your career and join an environmental friendly FTSE100 market leader?
Looking to be enrolled in a site bonus scheme that you can influence?
Interested in potentially earning in excess of £7k on top of your base salary in overtime?
Fed up of working Saturday nights?
We could be the company for you! DS Smith are a globally recognised Manufacturing & Recycling business specialising in customer specific packaging and consumer goods. We are a dedicated employer, who ensures Health & Safety is paramount and provides you with the resources to help you reach your full potential. We are committed to having a positive impact on carbon footprint. We have an environmentally friendly focus with the aim to reduce CO2e emissions per tonne of production by 30% by 2030.
Our Packaging site in Devizes has manufacturing successfully since 1972. We are seeking a new Multi Skilled Engineer (Mechanical bias) to support the Engineering function in a fast-paced, world-class manufacturing environment. The site, which has continual capital investment will see you as part of the engineering team responsible for developing and implementing best practices and increasing plant and asset reliability at our Packaging site. With circa 60 sites in the UK, there are many opportunities for career progression. The team at Devizes consists of an Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, 4 Engineering Supervisors, 9 Engineers and 2 stores.
What being a Multi-Skilled Engineer (Mechanical bias) at DS Smith will involve…
- Using your mechanical skills to resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production
- Completing PPM routines when scheduled to do so
- Using SAP for all planned and breakdown maintenance activity logging and stores control
- Enhancing the engineering contribution to the manufacturing facility by improving machine reliability in such a way as to deliver good quality product at optimum running speeds
- Continually modifying PPM routines via SAP to deliver continued improvements in machine uptime, reliability and efficiency
- Influencing in the development of a culture in which departmental employees take ownership of the responsibility for machine performance. In this new environment engineering employees will work more closely with process teams
- Being proactive in your approach to 5s and housekeeping in all aspects of your role
- Taking an active part in boiler house management
What we would like our candidate to have:
- An apprentice trained engineer with a recognised engineering qualification
- Background in general production machine maintenance
- Good range of workshop fitting skills
- Good numeracy and literacy standards
- General Computer Literacy Standards including Microsoft Office
- Experience in an engineering environment
- Experienced at fault finding on machines
- Ability to write clear effective reports and procedures
- Ideally familiar with fully automated process equipment and/or PLC driven machinery
Shift Pattern: 2 x 12hr days (6am-6pm) followed by 2 x 12hr night shifts (6pm-6am). Once every 8wks you are only required to work 3 shifts. There are no Saturday night shifts. If the shift falls on a Saturday night you are required to work the day instead.
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of sustainable packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary & Benefits:
- 50K OTE
- Site Bonus scheme
- 23 days holidays
- Contributory pension
- Annual cycle to work scheme
- Regular training through the DS Smith academy
- Subsided canteen on site
- Free parking