We have an excellent opportunity for a driven and experienced Sales Manager to join our site in Gloucester. If you are a driven and tenacious Sales Manager with a proven track record in major account management, team leadership and identifying new business opportunities then we would like to hear from you!
You will assume direct sales responsibility for major accounts and also be leading the key tasks for the entire sales team in the UK (currently 3 FTEs). As part of this role, you will also be required to travel on a regular basis to meet with customers and visit other DS Smith sites.
What else will this role involve?
• Managing the selling process for semi-finished sheet and bespoke plastic packaging solutions to major customers and manufacturing companies in a defined area. The focus will be on the major accounts in the graphics and protection sheet market
• Achieving sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
• Driving price and portfolio measures for overall profitable growth of the sales in the UK
• Analysing the target market to identify business potential. Pro-actively generate new leads and opportunities, with an emphasis on key target areas and added value business opportunities
• Supporting the quotation process, working with the Commercial Team to ensure a high conversion rate
• Effective reporting and communication through the use of our CRM system
• Consolidated weekly and monthly sales forecast for the team
• Reviewing of past performance, outlook for next month, deviations vs forecast and budget
• Providing last approval of prices, along approval guidelines
• Liaising on a daily basis with your Business Group and update them on any developments, ensuring a high level of team relationships exist
What we expect the candidate to have:
• Experience in coordinating a team, reporting on progress and follow-up
• Experience in a direct selling role, consistently delivering exceptional results
• Strong interpersonal skills within a multi-disciplinary team and with external contacts
• Good knowledge of budgeting, cost analysis and procurement stages
• High level of commercial, financial and business awareness
• Good knowledge of main competitors, markets and top customers
• Ability to manage their time so that they can meet the demands of the role, and meet the needs of the customer
• Necessary skills to present feedback in an appropriate fashion
• Good level of IT and presentation skills
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.