Internal Sales Executive
A flexible packaging extruder and convertor of high quality performance films, delivering a superb customer service experience. They are a BRC AA Food Approved accredited business, supplying both trade convertors and end users throughout the country. The company are currently looking to recruit an Internal Sales Executive.
Job Purpose: A newly created office based role with dual responsibilities looking at developing new business generation & customer service support (with £1million of inherited accounts to manage). You will be required to seek new business opportunities via an array of activities including targeting specific market areas and will also assist as and when required, in servicing the needs of existing customers.
The business has built its success on supplying Distributors, Merchants, Trade Printers & Converters and are now looking to further develop their business through focusing on the End User Industrial and Food market sectors, which is already proving very successful.
This is a superb opportunity to work for an ambitious, growing business, where you will receive all of the necessary support and training for you to make a real success of the opportunity with a real potential to develop your career.
New Business Generation Responsibilities:
- You will be pro-active and source new and warm leads, through a range of different market sectors, with an end goal of securing your own enquiries to quote on.
- Generate appointments for the external sales team, working closely with the Sales Director.
- Contact lapsed accounts with the sole purpose of reigniting business relationships.
- Follow up on previous enquiries that continue to lay dormant.
Customer Services Responsibilities:
- Assist the customer services department in dealing with all customer enquiries and wherever necessary, handling and resolving customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Provide product pricing and delivery information to customers and colleagues upon request.
- Processing of quotations and all orders types, ensuring any stock shortages are communicated and delivery times are adhered to.
- Organise workload to meet company and customer timeframe.
- Be proactive offering product alternatives and additional products to customers.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments to ensure customer timescales are adhered to.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience within the Polythene Packaging Industry would be highly advantageous, either through working for a Packaging Distributor or Film Extruder, but experience within other manufacturing / distribution industries may be considered.
- Familiar with meeting and exceeding monthly sales targets.
- Proactive, used to prospecting and developing new business opportunities.
- Used to working on their own initiative, hungry to develop business with a positive attitude.
- Possess strong customer skills with the ability to build relationships with customers and internal departments ensuring open lines of communication at all times.