e-Commerce Business Development Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
As part of strategic growth plans, the company wishes to recruit an e-commerce Business Development Manager to support the creation of a DS Smith Recycling Collection Service for used packaging from the E-Commerce sector. This service does not currently exist within the sector and will therefore require imagination, tenacity and an entrepreneurial spirit. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with key stakeholders in the supply chain (couriers, retailers, DS Smith Packaging and our collection partners or depots) to build a compelling service offering for the entire supply chain.
You will be responsible for analysing the last mile of retail and making that the first mile of recycling. This will see you designing innovative system/s to enable us to collect e-commerce packaging from our online customers whether that is at customers’ homes, collection points, bin banks etc. Reporting to European Strategic Development Director the key day to day tasks will include the following:
• Assist the ESDD in developing a collection offering from the E-Commerce Sector in order to deliver incremental high quality recyclate volumes and profit for the recycling division and support the overall Packaging Division (E-Commerce) sales proposition
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of an E commerce project plan ensuring requested responses for information are received on time and project targets are achieved
• Acting as a central point for project liaison and ensuring agreed milestones are reached
• Trial with selected partners potential collection systems in order to establish a future viable service offering
The desired candidate will have the following...
• Background with Logistics, Distribution and an awareness of Recycling collection systems would be ideal
• Interest in sustainability issues
• Confident - ability to present to a range of stakeholders
• Proven ability to research topics and collate succinct reports
• Highly organised with a proven ability to multi-task Project Management Training desirable
• Business Development experience would be advantageous
Location: Flexible – UK Based
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme