- Contract Type
Ink Technician Job Description
Job Title: Ink Technician
Reports to: Print Team Leader
Purpose of Job: Safely and effectively manage the day to day operation of the Ink Room. This includes stock management, planning, ink make-up and amendments.
- Observe all of the site Health and Safety rules and policies.
- Ensure the ink room is maintained in conformance with site’s safety and Hygiene standards
- Provide a consistent, timely ink dispensing service, promoting good health and safety.
- Dispense ink in line with the daily production plan(s).
- Book back press returns into the dispense kit ink management system.
- Manage and re-work press returns where possible.
- Carry out a daily material stock check.
- Place a weekly material order using the order form provided.
- File all delivery notes for month end consignment stock count.
- Book new deliveries into the dispense kit ink management software and replenish material stocks on dispense kit.
- Arrange uplift of any empty containers or waste ink, ensuring containers are safely palletised and lids are secured.
- Provide a colour match / digital swatch service within the agreed timescale.
- Input new standards into the digital colour database and recipes into the dispense kit ink management software.
- Carry out colour corrections and basic trouble shooting on press. Inspect and clean dispensing and ancillary equipment on a weekly basis, reporting any faults.
- Support production ink trials
- Report site ink related performance
Apply for Ink Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly