1 day left
- Contract Type
As one of the UK’s leading Packaging companies, DS Smith provides and delivers sustainable packaging services to all business from national companies to SME’s. We have an excellent opportunity for a driven and hands on SHE Advisor to join our manufacturing site, based in Ely. As the Health & Safety lead for the site, you will be responsible for the delivery of site safety, as well as working closely with all team members on site to provide an interactive and informative approach to Health & Safety.
Reporting to our Site General Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for you to take the next step in your career, joining an established site working for a FTSE 100 business, creating products for some of the world’s most recognisable brands. This is a challenging role that will requires a strong skill set, proactive mind-set and the ability to engage with your peers to raise awareness on site, ensuring clear Health and Safety guidelines are correctly implemented and followed. For your efforts you will be rewarded with an excellent salary, company benefits and laptop.
What else will this role involve?
• Strategic responsibility including sites legal compliance, monitoring implementation of the company HSE Management System requirements and supporting improvement initiatives
• Become an ambassador and promote the DS Smith way regarding safe working
• Ensure site health and Safety policies are in line with legal legislations
• Provide site training, interactive tool box talks and coaching on Health & Safety
• Provide a detailed and analytical approach to your work
What we expect the candidate to have:
• Qualified in either NEBOSH or IOSH
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Confidence to present information to your colleagues
• Continuous Improvement mind-set
• Root Cause analysis skills
• Able to work under pressure
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme