2 days left
- Contract Type
As plant electrician at our Gloucester site you will be responsible for the electrical/electronic maintenance of plant and equipment, ensuring that all plant, equipment and site services are in good working order to support the requirements of a busy 24 hour manufacturing site.
You will have the ability to work under your own initiative and under pressure to maintain and repair a variety of production equipment, plant, and to carry out both installations and relocations. Fault finding, diagnostics, and repairs will also form part of the responsibilities of this role.
Another major responsibility is in assisting the plant management team in complying with all H&S responsibilities, legal compliance and maintenance management in respect of production lines, services, buildings and all other ancillary equipment.
Some of the key duties will involve:
• Electrical fault finding and maintenance
• Preventative maintenance
• Regular testing of equipment and machinery
• Maintaining and repairing a wide variety of machinery
• Support other Engineering staff
• Machine Setting
• Maintenance of production lines
• Site Electrical installations and upgrade work around plants
• Electrical maintenance of Plant including [ppm] system
• Attending and rectifying electrical breakdowns
• Maintenance of lighting systems including emergency lighting
• Electrical Maintenance of offices
• Working under Health & Safety guidelines
• Time served apprenticeship within in manufacturing/plant environment
• ONC/HNC or additional relevant qualification
• Extensive electrical knowledge / training
• Be able to troubleshoot and solve process problems
• Experience of mechanical/hydraulic drive systems would be advantageous
Hours of work: 12 hour, 4 days on and 4 days off pattern (days only)
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide and is continuing to grow both organically and through acquisition.
Salary: £30,000 plus 13% shift premium.