Rewinder / Print Finisher - Labels
2 days left
- Contract Type
REWINDER/PRINT FINISHER - LABELS NORTHERN HOME COUNTIES
Hourly rate dependent on experience + Other Benefits
6:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday
13:30 to 23.30 Monday to Wednesday and 13:30 to 23:00 on Thursdays
Our client is a privately owned, award winning, self-adhesive label manufacturer with prestigious state of the art production facilities, in a period of growth and expansion. The business is passionate about the product it makes, focused on quality, and the level of service and technical support provided to customers and they are not afraid to innovate. They have an impressive customer base divided between brands and contract manufacturers in many industries all demanding the very best quality of packaging.
Reporting to the Production Manager. Set up, operate, monitor, and maintain rewinding equipment. Handle rolls of labels as they come off the rewinder. Pack label rolls into boxes and stack on pallets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate rewinding equipment according to procedures and job specifications
- Perform routine equipment upkeep as required
- Monitor quality of finished product according to job specifications and quality standards
- Meet standards for output and waste
- Handle labels so as to prevent any damage or errors on finished labels
- Complete required paperwork
- Follow all safety procedures in operating equipment and performance of job duties
- Maintain work area in organised manner
- To check the quality of labels and remove any poor quality label, reporting anything unsure of.
- To operate and clean the core cutting machine.
- To work completely within the remit of ISO 9001 & PS 9000.
- To follow a given specification on the slitting down of rolls to customer requirements.
- Help keep cores and boxes stocked up.
- To run label application equipment when required.
- To run folding machine when required.
- To run Braille Maker when required.
- To Run Label Applicator when required.
Skills & Experience Required for this Position:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous rewinding experience desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (lifting up to 50 pounds, prolonged standing).
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and ability to read a ruler.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to follow safety procedures.
Job Reference: PK5510
Apply for Rewinder / Print Finisher - Labels
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly