The DS Smith site in Avonmouth is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join their recycling division. We are looking for someone who is able to assist the Production Team Leader in directing and controlling all production activities in such a manner as to deliver the Company’s operational strategy and objectives without compromising standards in respect of people, plant, machinery and transport. You will assist the Depot in ensuring the Company’s strategy, objectives and policies are effectively communicated, paying particular attention to all matters related to Health and Safety.
The role will include but not be limited to the following:
• Regularly review depot performance and ensure Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments are in place for all depot activities
• Assist in ensuring that costs are controlled in line with business plans to agreed standards and timescales
• Support administration staff including weighbridge operation
• Ensure accurate stock control and counting. Post stocks and availability onto ERP as required
• Lead and motivate the team, chairing team briefings, performance hub sessions and toolbox talks
• Communicate key performance indicators and then monitor and challenge shortfalls
• Control the operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment in order to maximise effectiveness.
• Continuously review stock levels within depot, taking action as appropriate and review daily finished stock and outgoing loads
• Identify opportunities and work to continuously improve added value in the business
• Monitor and control stocks of consumables to ensure production operations are not disrupted
• Work closely and effectively communicate with the Transport operation
• Be available for contact to deal with out of hours activity as and when required
• Manage quality standards of incoming and outgoing material, taking appropriate action where necessary
What we would like our candidate to have…
• PC literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and understanding of the importance of H&S in the workplace
• Practical knowledge of how plant and machinery work in complex systems
• Understanding of raw material product specifications
• Working knowledge of the Company IT systems
• Understanding of quality management systems
• IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
• Supervisory experience within a team
• Knowledge of transport legislation and its application
• Experience in operating mobile plant and operating fixed plant machinery
• Experience in transport planning would be an advantage
• Experience of working within Recycling or waste industries
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £3.6 billion. The organisation employs over 22,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.