DS Smith Clay Cross has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer to join the packaging team.
As an engineer you will use your electrical and mechanical skills to resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production. You will use SAP for all planned and breakdown maintenance activity logging and stores control.
Other duties will include:
- Ensuring all maintenance activity meets quality standards with respect to workmanship, processes and procedures in order to deliver plant quality targets.
- Ensuring that company procedures and effective controls are followed and implemented with respect to maintenance costs in order to deliver plant cost performance targets.
- Working on preventative and breakdown maintenance and feeding back reports through SAP.
- Ensuring all parts and materials taken out of the stores are booked to the relevant cost centre/works order number in line with budget control.
- Carry out dynamic risk assessments on all maintenance tasks undertaken.
- Maintaining the day to day reliability of plant and machines to meet engineering downtime targets.
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 in mechanical engineering or equivalent and electrical experience.
- Mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent with relevant electrical experience and qualifications.
- Sound engineering experience working in a maintenance environment.
- Experience of maintenance management systems preferably SAP but not essential.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate good fault finding and problem solving skills.
- Experience with autonomous maintenance practices.
- Show the ability to work well within a team but able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication and listening skills.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme