Senior Artworker/Studio Coordinator
One of the UKs largest display graphics production companies is looking for a Senior Artworker who can step in when required to help manage a busy prepress studio. This market leading organisation provides a wide range of display solutions – from simple banner and graphics panels through to designing and building large exhibition stands – to clients which range from one man businesses to SME’s, local authorities to major blue chip multi-national accounts.
This role will support and assist in the management of all prepress activities in the Studio to required quality standards and timelines. This includes the management of all aspects of the site’s production work flow, efficiently and cost effectively. The role will work with and support the Head of studio and an additional Senior Artworker/Co-ordinator to ensure optimum up-time, correct scheduling of work, and keeping file error to a minimum through effective quality management and training. It also includes delivering a high level of service, timely and clear communication to the sales and customer service teams. Ideally the candidate would work from 2pm to 10:30pm with a 30 minute break, but there is flexibility on this for the right candidate.
A key part of this role is to be highly experienced in pre-press artwork procedures and to be proficient in Adobe CC applications and their use in producing print ready artwork. The candidate must be prepared to take on art working duties when required as well as co-ordinating the studio production workflow.
We are looking for someone who will help encourage a culture of continuous improvement and proactive skill enhancement, motivation and support of the team and organisational goals.
- Ensure correct deployment of competent staff across the shifts, and department to match production and client requirements. Ensure rotas and cover arrangements are in line with business needs and working time regulations.
- Ensure quality checks are carried out, works instructions followed and queries dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- Carry out regular checks on quality as work is going through to ensure we are meeting or exceeding client requirements.
- Liaising with all production depts in the smooth running of work through the studio.
- Ensure that work is checked off correctly prior to being sent to the Client, Customer Service or Print Departments across the company as a whole.
- Prioritise work in line with client needs, communicating with relevant departments to assist in the decision-making process.
- Ensure effective handover communications are in place particularly with the night shift and weekend shifts.
- Supporting and working closely with the Head of Studio and Production Director covering weekend shifts in line with the shared rota.
- Taking briefs directly from the client services and sales teams or acting under instruction from the head of studio.
- Attending in-house briefing meetings with account and production managers.
- Taking on Ad-hoc Art working and Pre-press duties as and when required.
- As briefed, design and create artwork, suitable for production.
- Checking that the correct procedures and systems are followed in