An opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer (days) to join us at our Display site in Aylesford. You will be the sole engineer on site and work closely with OEM’s and other contract service providers, lead the site maintenance strategy focusing on equipment and process reliability and equipment downtime elimination.
The role will see you as the technical lead for equipment process / breakdown issues, fault finding and problem solving, net-working with OEM’s and service providers, spare parts replacement and set-up, general maintenance tasks and activities.
What being a Maintenance Engineer at DS Smith will involve…
• Ensuring all site manufacturing and equipment is fully compliant with respect to technical safety legislation, testing and inspections
• Tracking, analysing and reporting asset reliability performance and issues to identify maintenance and equipment improvement needs
• Leading on asset and equipment technical issues resolution through fault finding and problem solving with the support of manufacturing resources, OEM’s and contract service providers
• Identification of critical spare parts, ordering and maintaining spare parts to agreed stock levels
• Owner of maintenance workshop, equipment and tools, maintains order and housekeeping to agreed standards
• Supporting capital project plans and activity including site preparation works, equipment installation and commissioning, equipment maintenance planning and scheduling, spare parts requirements and technical training
• Hands on technical support for site improvement initiatives
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Fully qualified Mechanical maintenance engineer experienced in handling basic to intermediate electrical work, qualified to HNC/HND or Degree level in an Engineering discipline, or apprentice trained. C&G 17th Edition an advantage
• Manufacturing experience with evidence of PPM implementation, delivery and control
• Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
• Continuous Improvement knowledge such as 5S, lean manufacturing, root cause and problem solving techniques
• Ability to handle stock control, and supplier communication and correspondence via a variety of business systems
About Creo (now part of the DS Smith Group): We build true partnerships and deliver exceptional point of sale campaigns. This is achieved through delivering outstanding service and quality, driving innovation and best practice, deploying the latest technology and applying data intelligence.