Lead Maintenance Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Maintenance Engineer to join us at our packaging site in Ely. You will lead and develop the maintenance team in Ely to deliver all KPIs, with a focus on developing and executing a sustainable preventative maintenance plan. The successful candidate will be tasked with finding opportunities to work with existing third party service contractors to find ways of reducing costs and increasing machine productivity.
Working a day shift, you will be responsible for managing one other colleague.
What being a Lead Maintenance Engineer at DS Smith will involve…
• Ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with the company health, safety and environmental policies
• Maintaining and continually improve housekeeping standards in engineering workshops, and when conducting tasks around the site
• Development and execution of a planned preventative maintenance plan, to meet and exceed site KPIs for safety, quality, and productivity
• Reactive repair and improvement of selected plant and equipment
• Ensuring that contractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, site operating processes, and issue appropriate permits when necessary
• Prepare and agree budgets with the manufacturing manager for machine service contracts and planned preventative maintenance expenditure
• Developing and implementing a spare parts policy
• Sourcing, where appropriate, alternative suppliers for spare parts and service contracts, with a view to continually improving performance while reducing costs
• Keeping and communicating as necessary comprehensive maintenance records, with details of repairs completed, root causes, and corrective actions
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Fully qualified Mechanical maintenance engineer experienced in handling basic to intermediate electrical work, qualified to HNC/HND or Degree level in an Engineering discipline, or apprentice trained. C&G 17th Edition an advantage
• Manufacturing experience with evidence of PPM implementation, delivery and control
• Knowledge of PLC fault finding and diagnosis would be an advantage
• Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
• Continuous Improvement knowledge such as 5S, lean manufacturing, root cause and problem solving techniques
• Comfortable using Microsoft packages such as Excel
• Experience of using SAP is an advantage
• Ability to handle purchasing, stock control, and supplier communication and correspondence via a variety of business systems
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.