Lean Project Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lean Project Manager at our Kemsley paper mill . The role will be responsible for developing and leading the implementation of the Lean Programme & projects on the Kemsley site. Managing the Local Lean Team, the Lean Project Manager will coordinate activities - and communicate developments in Lean processes with internal staff.
• Management of the local LEAN team, coordinating activities, tracking and reviewing progress, and developing competences and capabilities
• Develop & deliver Lean communications, and circulate reports.
• Create & update Lean skill matrix on site, and deliver Lean training on Lean tools & Techniques
• Develop content and systems used for Lean communications, engaging with team and stakeholders across the mill
• Develop project objectives & plans, develop KPI’s, and review, track and report progress.
• Develop an understanding of customer needs and wants, continually improving and analysing processes.
• Map processes & identify opportunities, analyse, evaluate and improve existing ways of working
• Assess the cost, benefits & risks of any improvement plans
• Develop & implement improvement projects across the site which contribute to the P & L performance
• Develop measures & mechanisms to track system/equipment performance against targets
• Sustain, further rollout and develop Our Paper Operation Model across the site through different methods, including:
o Performance Hubs
o Problem solving techniques
o Process confirmation
o Visual Management
o Standard work
o Asset Management
• Understanding of Lean principles
• Understanding of Operations – Papermaking & Engineering processes
• Understanding of Management Information Systems
• Ability to manage projects & people
• Analytical ability & Strategic mind-set
• Practical experience of Lean implementation
• Ability to engage at all levels & in all areas of the business
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
• Pro-active, self-motivated and results driven.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £30K plus
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme