Project Manager - West London - £35k
This really is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a lovely clients of ours based in West London. Operating in a niche marketplace within the publishing sector, this client has an opening for a Project Manager to work within the Print Production department with a focus on E-com and Direct Mail orders.
The main purpose of the position is to work as part of the Production Team who, together with the Buying Team and Operations Team, are responsible for overseeing and managing a smooth supply chain. The production team have full responsibility for all print buying and the Project Managers have a pivotal role in fully managing the process from start to finish whilst overseeing quality and budgetary controls.
The main areas of responsibility for this job are:
- Managing the supply chain from file supply to printer to delivery of finished product as appropriate.
- Working closely with Editorial and Marketing to ensure new orders/collections are produced to the correct specification and schedule, and with Buying and Logistics to ensure a smooth supply chain.
- Creating and updating budgets, and managing costs in line with agreed expenditure.
- Overall responsibility for the management of key print / finishing related issues based on the requirements of a specific territory / area of business.
- Responsibility for finishing, including supplying dummies for internal approval, and logistical planning of delivery of all components, the finishing process with pre-production samples for approval through to final collection/delivery to Distribution.
- Attending and chairing production meetings as necessary, and circulating notes and following up on key points agreed and outstanding issues as required.
- Ensuring quality standards are met on all processes. This may include occasional press passes, both in the UK and abroad.
- Visiting suppliers to maintain personal contact and to check work is being done correctly. Sourcing new suppliers as necessary.
- Negotiating with suppliers and placing, in full consultation with the Senior Project Manager/Head of Production, to ensure the production of any designated order/collection.
- Sourcing and buying ad hoc items such as Books, DVDs, Binders, POS and special packaging.
- Ensuring all invoices are received on time and are as the agreed contract price or estimate, and cross-checking these against the budget
- To solve any production difficulties that may arise.
Candidates must have relevant skills and experience to be considered for this job. Priority will be given to candidates possessing some or all of the following:-
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience in print production (print buying and/or finishing/packaging rather than pre-press)
- Must have worked in a highly-pressurised, fast paced environment
- Must have a good standard of education (ideally educated to degree level)
- Highly organised with strong administrative skills
- Excellent numerical skills and attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Highly proficient in PC based Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise, organise workload and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Confident in own abilities
- Good work ethic / conscientious
- A tenacious, resilient, proactive, flexible self-starter
If you feel like you're a strong fit based on the above criteria, please do send in your CV ASAP!