Our client is looking for an individual who can Design, make and install signs for a variety of uses, including traffic signage, signs for business premises, wayfinding, 3D built up letters, indoor and outdoor exhibition displays, shop window signs and designs for vehicle bodies.
Working with various materials used can include vinyl, Perspex, plastic, metal and glass. The work can cover one or many of the diverse skills involved in the sign making process, from design, sign preparation, sign layout through to sign manufacture.
Various methods are used to produce signage such as digital printing, vinyl cutting, laminating, sheet cutting using aluminium, dibond, rigid PVC, and foamex.
- Installing various types of signage
- Material preparation.
- Vinyl cutting and Apply vinyl on site.
- Digital printing
- Plan workload
- Ideally the candidate will have a CSCS and PASMA Cards
- Drawing skills and attention to detail (Corel Draw, Versaworks, Omega 4.0).
- Good practical skills.
- Good spelling and grammar.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Organisational skills.
Knowledge Needed for the role:
- Knowledge of lettering styles, fonts and design.
- Awareness of health and safety.
- Understanding of technology used to produce signs.
- Ability to keep up to date with new skills and techniques.
- Creative flair for design work.