We have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our team based within the recycling function of the business. Operating as a Commercial Manager from Recycling Head Office in Caerphilly, you will manage and grow relationships with our existing hauliers whilst sourcing new suppliers from across the UK.
You will have excellent commercial awareness, be comfortable negotiating and ensure a high level of operational and customer service at all times.
What being a Commercial Manager at DS Smith will involve…
Your role will be challenging and fulfilling, exposing you to a range of scenarios that will engage you and test your skill set. Your role will include the following responsibilities:
• Own and deliver the vision for growth in your region
• Manage the day to day commercial relationship for a portfolio of commercial, merchant and third party suppliers and customers.
• Provide accurate forecasts and summaries of the profitability of all regional accounts
• Deliver customer focused projects across the regions account portfolio focusing on recycling and value.
• Ensuring service levels are upheld within agreed KPIs and SLAs
• Creatively meet and exceed client CSR, financial and other aspirations
• Working with other departments such as Sales, Finance, Operations, Administration and Service Providers to ensure a seamless delivery of the customer journey
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Previous experience managing haulier relationships and logistics in order to move products
• Ability to communicate at all levels, including senior management, both within internal and external customers
• Excellent IT skills with high competency required for most Microsoft Office applications including CRM systems
• Ability to interpret data and financial information with particular emphasis on monitoring budgetary control
• Good project management skills
• Demonstration of a high level of Industry & legislation knowledge
• Good working knowledge of target sectors
• Commercial negotiation skills
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.