Customer Service Co-ordinator
Our DS Smith site in Killingworth is seeking a Customer Services Co-ordinator to join us in delivering upon our customer service strategy to achieve service excellence. The focus is to deliver world-class customer service in a fast paced environment to delight our customers, grow our business and contribute towards achieving and exceeding Killingworth’s goals and targets.
• Have you proven experience of working in a customer service role?
• Do you have great communication skills and a professional attitude towards your work?
• Do you strive to provide the best service possible at all times?
If you believe the answer to ALL of the above to be YES, you could be the ideal Customer Service Co-ordinator for us!
What aspects are involved in this role?
The role entails being the primary internal point of contact for a defined customer base, working and supporting both the internal and external teams to achieve business objectives and service goals. You will be responsible for the following…
• Processing new and repeat customer orders within defined lead dates and agreed customer service level agreements;
• Co-ordinating artwork preparation in liaison with external artwork suppliers and seeking prompt artwork approval and order tooling to meet production timelines;
• Recovering origination spend through proactive customer invoicing;
• Analysing customer forecasts and forward plan stock replenishment orders to meet pending demand in line with defined lead dates and agreed customer service level agreements;
• Pro-actively reducing made to order stock residing in the warehouse through daily review and customer liaison;
• Placing purchase orders for non-manufactured products within the DS Smith network or external suppliers to meet customer requirements;
• Acknowledging customer complaints and report dissatisfaction/failures in line with procedures;
• Discussing solutions with customers and follow through those actions to ensure customer is satisfied and where appropriate, complaint resolved;
• Building strong relations with the Area Sales Managers by sharing internal and external information, and acting as the main liaison for other areas of the business to provide a united service to customers;
• Building strong relations with customers, gaining insight to their business. Keeping them informed of the current status of their orders or answering any other queries that may rise at either the company’s or customer’s directive;
• Working with the team and other colleagues (our internal customers) within the company to improve team and cross-departmental relations, flexibility and efficiency in our service offerings;
• Continually challenge and develop our process flows and methods of operating to deliver upon our customer excellence programme; and
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Ability to demonstrate how our corporate values – Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious – will be applied in the workplace
• Proven track record of performing at a high level in a fast paced customer service environment
• Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to prioritise & manage own workload
• Evidence of continuous learning and development during career
• Exposure to a manufacturing environment
• Working with Integrated Business Systems
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of corrugated packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover of £4.8 billion. The organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £19,000 plus benefits
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.