Paper Machine Production Manager – Kemsley
The Paper Machine Production Manager is responsible for driving and delivering the operational performance of one of our key paper machines. The ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day production operations to achieve optimal efficiency and output, whilst meeting agreed standards in terms of quality, cost, deadline and waste reduction. As a manager the ideal candidate will also provide leadership and coaching to team members where required, in order to achieve best practice and will promote health and safety, continuous improvement and employee development within the team.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
• Managing the day to day performance of the paper machine and having responsibility and accountability for the overall asset performance.
• Managing, leading and supporting the team to achieve optimum performance, as well managing the strategic medium and longer term developments of the machine
• Continuously leading the safety program to ensure a healthy and safe work environment for all employees
• Analysing problems on the machine and adapting a structured approach to eliminating these issues together with the asset team
• Suggesting and implementing continuous improvements to the manufacturing process and encouraging the same from others
• Leading daily performance meetings, as well as less frequent asset evaluations and improvement meetings.
• Motivating training and developing the workforce and maintaining positive relations with the workforce and their leaders
• Developing frameworks and systems to allow the team to succeed
The Candidate - What we are looking for
• 5 years’ experience running a paper machine, with proven people management and leadership experience within the paper manufacturing industry
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships across all levels of the business
• A problem solver, who is confident taking ownership of issues through to a successful conclusion to benefit both the team and the organisation
• An active team player with a proactive approach to a challenging change agenda and timelines
• A performance driven attitude, with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, continuously striving to meet deadlines, exceeding these wherever possible
• Meticulous attention to detail with a proven track record of process documentation and shut down/start up procedures.
• Leads by example, modelling the corporate values of respect, teamwork, autonomy, adaptability, initiative, and communication.
• A Bachelor/Master degree in a relevant science/engineering field.
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme