Join Westrock-MPS a global packaging Company, built on the foundations of our employees to provide a winning solution to our customers.
This exciting opportunity is based at our Bourne site in Lincolnshire where you will join a great team filled with enthusiasm, personality, experience and the drive to succeed excellence.
At Westrock-MPS Bourne, not only do we work hard but we are striving to ensure our employees love what they do.
If you are looking for a great opportunity, to work with great people and enjoy working hard, we look forward to your application.
The successful candidate can expect a dedicated and focused training plan, an air-conditioned office, regular site briefs so you know what is happening in our business and a great opportunity. You might even want to join our football team, employee forum or get involved with our health & safety team.
To provide comprehensive and robust support to the Pre-Press department and produce high quality files for both internal and external customers. This encompasses all activities within the Originations Department from artwork creation and manipulation in the form of production ready PDF files or hard copy proofs for customer approval and control of all customer artwork as well as ensuring artwork is maintained appropriately and providing production stepped files ready for printing through the workflow system to CTP.
Some measure of customer interaction is anticipated within this role
- To take customer supplied design or artwork files and process to production ready files for plate production including Reprographic artwork manipulation in appropriate software programmes, colour management and stepping files
- To complete all quality checks in accordance with customer specifications and site best practice procedures and ensure all departmental procedures are followed
- Proofing of artworks for customer approvals
- Control of internal records (Document Control) and to complete all relevant documentation in accordance with ISO9001, PS9000, ISO14001, BRC and in line with customer specifications, company procedure and best practice
- Maximise efficiency of artwork process and support profitable growth of customer accounts
- Working closely with all internal departments
- Interact with customers as required
- To abide by data protection regulations
- To attend meetings including customer visits where appropriate
- Lead & participate in improvement projects
- To ensure the work areas within the Origination Department remain tidy and adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To be a willing and flexible team member ready to take on new and expanding tasks as appropriate
- Any other reasonable request
- To remain flexible at all times and provide assistance to any area within the Originations department.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and Multi Packaging Solutions would expect you to carry out any other reasonable duty which you are capable of being trained in or performing.
It is also expected that all employees contribute and participate in improvement projects as and when required and engage in training and development opportunities.
Educational and professional:
A third level qualification would be desirable but not essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience in a similar role using Esko software and familiar with artwork manipulation techniques ideally within the Print & Packaging Industry
- Understands the principles of ISO9001, PS9000, ISO14001, BRC and related procedures
- Understand the principles of colour reproduction and evaluation of design/artwork instructions
- Good verbal and written presentation/communication skills
- A methodical approach with the ability to plan and co-ordinate priorities and work under pressure
- IT Literate in use of Microsoft Office
- Business and commercial awareness
- Demonstrable experience of working to high quality standards
- Demonstrable evidence of information handling ability and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel & some flexibility in working hours
- Analytical thinking
- Use of Initiative
- Concern for detail and standards and results focused
The following competencies have been identified as key to success in the role
Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change. Influence/Persuasiveness – Ability to influence and inspire others to act
Problem Solving and Analysis
Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component part. Makes systematic and rational judgments based on relevant information.
Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action in accordance with the departments strong procedures and SOPS (Standard Operating Procedures).
Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves
Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
Be able to be self motivated, standards driven, with a keen eye for detail whilst being team focused and harnessing collaboration and co-operation of others.